The pictures below are from my final WHIRLWIND week of school last week. In every class we had "auctions." In other words, throughout the semester I'd used a reward system using mini-stamps on the back of students' name-cards any time that they would participate, say a hard word in English, etc. At the end of the semester, I promised an auction with prizes and snacks, where students could "trade" in their stamps. It was a HIT. And it was hilarious. My friend Anuj had sent me an amazing package of crayons, stickers, valentines, crazy scissors, stencils...you name it! I let students merge their stamps with their friends stamps and share the prize. It was really exciting. The little kids were especially excited. I made sure that everyone got something. After the auction was over, little "groups" of students were huddled around what they'd won...so adorable. Then I said my thank you's and goodbyes, introduced the new Fulbright Amanda again (and passed around her picture), and took final photos. Like I mentioned, this ending was SO FAST. I feel like this entire past month I have not been able to catch my breath!!!!!!!! I was a little bit annoyed last week, too, because I'd been planning these auctions for my last class with each grade and I wasn't told that classes would be canceled for finals. We moved things around though, and it all worked out. I also especially enjoyed being relaxed at school, sitting on the floor with my prathom students (I wish that I'd done that more this year), and just ENJOYING them. They are amazing little humans :)
I went a little bit crazy with pictures!
My classroom, windsock, and students sitting outside :)
Dear Students, thank you for letting me teach you this year.
It has been the best year of my life, and I will miss you SO much.
M. 2/2
M.2.2 girls
Some last day auction materials!
M.2/1
M. 3/2
M. 3/2: Folk and Dao
Trouble makers :)
So cute!
The Bad Boys
Right before taking down my "Welcome Emily" sign
M.2/1 boys covered me in stickers because it was my
last day. I was so touched!
I am so popular!
M. 1/2...Even stickers on my forehead!
"Get to Know Your Students, Amanda" board
LOVE these girls!!
P'Nuan wanted in.
They loved taking pictures hehe
These two :)
M. 1/2 Ying!
M. 1/2 Jah
M. 1/2 Jah
M. 1/2 Nong
M. 1/2 Joy (She called me yesterday morning!)
M. 1/2 Joy :)
M.1/2 Nod
Nod
Earn
Our group :)
Ying!
With our books!
Book time
Kruu Emily, too!
Yay! To my right: Kat!
Ying
With the card that they made me!!! M. 3/1
Some of my favorites!
Cutting out pictures of me, no big deal :)
Boss looking at the map :)
P. 4/1
First they asked me "Why is Kruu Emily so beautiful?"
Then they asked, "Why is Kruu Emily so kind?" :)
Aumim wrote: Aumin lux Kru Emily te sud
(Aumim loves Kru Emily the most!)
4th grade playing with their auction wins :)
4th grade playing with their stickers :)
Auction...so fun!
Auction wins and name cards!
So much energy
Feels like I just took this.
Boys in the back!
Love.
Happy kids
I miss them.
More 4th grade!
Trouble, right?!
So cute
This never gets old to me :)
Me with 4th grade!
In their auction item-win cliques
The little boy in the middle could NOT sit
down or keep his hands off of the things haha.
LOVE LOVE P. 2/1
Everyone got an English dinosaur sticker
Miss them.
Fim has a sticker on his mouth!
2nd grade :)
Stickers! (Love that they're holding up empty
sticker sheets, too haha)
Me too!
Getting silly. We had a lot of floor time this past week :)
Peace! (Chai- far right, has his new crayons)
Rambunctious!
Dividing stickers
P.3/1...I particularly adore this class.
Their idea to take a picture with the flag...
Adorable that it's upside down
They really were my class :)
I miss these smiles and their voices
Kruu Emily, too!
Silly pic
Crazy pic!
Crazier pic!
I think that I am going to frame this picture in my home
in New York City next year. Such vivid, wonderful memories.
Love the boy in the middle making the bunny ears
All piling onto Kruu Emily's lap...first time ever :)
After the girls turn, the boys- especially Big, wanted to
sit in my lap, too haha. Kids are kids :)
No comments:
Post a Comment