Sunday, October 7, 2012

Final Days at School... Continued!

A few more pics from the last day of school: Silly student shots, passing out cake on my last Friday, and final moments with students. My heart hurts just looking at these pics, now that I am in Vietnam, training the new Fulbrights is over, and my time in Ubon at Ban Ku Muang School is really done.

(Vietnam is A-MAZ-ING, by the way...expect a post on that coming soon!)


P.3/1 piles on me :)

After, of course, having tied tinsel to my hair and telling
me how beautiful I look with it :) Gra-Ding (center) is doing
his best impression of Zoolander's "Blue Steel"

This class was one of my closest classes to teach :)

An absolute, happy pleasure for me

3rd grade girls!

Lady Boys! They always said good morning to me :)

Mattayom boys hanging out (or "nang len!")

In Thailand, it is totally normal for boys (straight boys!)
to snuggle and be touchy feely with each other. I will miss 
this piece of the culture!

Mahh Bin asked me during my last week if I was hungry
for som tam. I was stressed and doing laundry and told her
I wish but I didn't have time. When I came back to my 
room I thought about my limited time here and went down 
for lunch. She made me my favorite meal, drink with lime, and 
treated me. It was her goodbye gift for me...I had to go upstairs 
because I felt the tears welling up in my eyes.

Various presents from school at the ceremony day. Some students
had carefully wrapped their stuffed animals in cardboard boxes for me, 
others wrapped knit tissue containers, and other students gave me their
old, loved Tweety stuffed animal. The thoughtfulness brought the tears again!

Final auction with M.3/1

Aumim! There were two major "teams"- boys versus girls!
It was hilarious. Especially since I had lipgloss for the ladyboys.

M. 3/1 :)

M. 1/1 (Ni is in the front)

I was also especially close with this class.
(Ni, Beer, Aim, Benz :))

Dao handing me a scarf that students made me

Even though Dao did her hair every class, I will still 
miss her kind, friendly sass.

Beer! (Pronounced "Bia") He was responsible for singing 
the opening "Oh-woh-oh-wo" in Justin Bieber's "Baby" :)

Another scarf! Baiteuy, so sweet and well-behaved

M. 1/2

M. 1/2

My white string bracelets!

This girl again :)

She warmed up to me a LOT these past few weeks 

Same with this boy...the photographer!

On Friday I brought in cake for all of the teachers :)

Kat (and this other girl!) helped me go from classroom
to classroom handing it out. They were, and 
have always been, my helpers :)

THEN MY GRADUATED M.3s CAME BACK TO VISIT!
They brought me roses...

and a beautiful card!!!

We went to my classroom...

...and watched music videos, sang karaoke, did Gangnam Style,
and they sung "Kit Mak" for me after I sung "Baby" for them.

I was the happiest :)!

Far right: Kartoon!

Searching for a Thai song to share with me :)

Singing!

Watching Gangnam Style 

We hung out for about 2 hours together :)!

The cake is half gone!

Also do you like my Thai outfit? Mahh Rose LOVED it ;)

Handing out cake!

Napping kindergarten!

Awake kindergarten...and Gratik the dog!

In one class, the teacher misunderstood and told all of 
the students that they could have cake. That was 
a hard one to re-explain!! Haha

These girls gave me keychains that they made :)

The strawberry cake!

A student took this picture
(Still didn't taste quite like American cake!)

Basically the whole afternoon

The library had visitors...we gave them cake too!

Everyone loves cake.

Dukadah!

The neatly lined up shoes. I will miss this peaceful image.

P. 5/1 came to say goodbye too...I will miss them!

My last-two-weeks groupies :)

Love them. Really do.

Playing with the newly opened farm animal set, 
and proudly showing me when they finished.

This makes me so happy.

Three beauties :)

I WILL MISS YOU FOREVER BAN KU MUANG SCHOOL
AND ALL STUDENTS AND TEACHERS!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment