As I'm beginning to seriously (sadly) think about leaving Ubon, and never seeing some of my lovely wonderful funny amazing students again, I have started taking pictures of "faces." I wouldn't be surprised if this isn't the only post I do on my students or faces around town. Today was especially special in that one of my 2nd graders found a stray kitten in our classroom. Most of these pictures are of 2nd grade running around with it. It will melt your heart. Later in the day, one of my 4th graders found a tukay (a lizard that can grow pretty large and is known for biting!) and walked around with it all day showing people how he could make it bite his finger and hang there. Kids do the darnest things! It was a really special day, filled with lots of animal loving! Enjoy the pics :)
Dtao. One of my favorite M.1/1s.
Big stuffed animal. (I find it so interesting that Thai
9th graders still love stuffed animals. I love that.)
Aim and Beer, two of my best students, practicing
their dialogue between "May" and "June" (yes, I have fun
choosing dialogue names) about helping the environment.
Baitoeuy (right) always with a smile.
I LOVE HER! And she gave me an orange bunny
with rainbow ears and paws! This bunny is coming
back to America with me.
These are two BRIGHT girls. Ni (right) is one of my all time favorites.
Kitten in the Classroom!
Very exciting...
Get excited for more cat pictures than you probably care for...
Love the look on his face
Everyone wanted to pet the kitten
The kitten is perfectly centered by little boys working diligently :)
P (right) wanted to be part of the action. P is very naughty
to other students but he is a total teacher's pet with me.
(I kind of love it)
Chaos.
Probably my favorite picture. Look closely...
Kitten on the loose!
I love this one too. It's like their moods match.
Kittens are better than worksheets.
Brilliant- instead of going flag by flag,
this student is getting all of his "red"
coloring done first. I love being a teacher.
ASEAN flag-learning!
There's a kitten on my crayons in the classroom!
There's a kitten on my worksheet!
Babies! (Two of them!)
The kitten looks so evil here.
So diligently working on her ASEAN flag-coloring worksheet.
Am- such an obedient, quiet student.
I like to have my youngest students work on worksheets where
they can color and move around a bit. I guess I'm "alternative" :)
The kitten is making the rounds.
Love the look on Am's face (back)
True love :)
Once again, the kitten is back on the shoulder of the
little boy who first found him.
Kitten and ASEAN haha
Just a typical day in my class...cat and all.
View from the back of the class: Pure chaos.
My "Letter People" hanging still look good, eh?
Making moves.
The kitten looks teeny tiny on the floor.
Little and hovering!!
But not for long :)
Back in the arms of the little boy.
P is a really good colorer. He is also one of those students
who asks you after every (flag) if it's correct, and if it's pretty.
Action shot
Our first student finishes AGES before everyone else.
This girl, and Nurry (the girl behind her) are inspiring to me.
I am constantly surprised and delighted by how bright they are!
Krim and P fighting over markers.
This boy brilliantly noticed that the Brunei flag was missing
one of the middle stripes! (It really has 3, but this worksheet
onlymhas 2). So observant! Again, inspiring to me.
Am! (And P behind her)
SO ADORABLE
I LOVE that P jumped into this picture with the Thai flag.
The boy on the far right, Djap, "created" the 3rd stripe
that was missing from Brunei's flag by splitting one
of the 2 other stripes in half. My students are geniuses.
Tim is all finished and very proud to show me :)
Ugh. I can't take the cuteness.
Thai 9th graders taking a test. They were brought outside
the classroom and seated away from each other on the floor.
They kept peaking in my classroom asking me to help ;)
My "Welcome Emily" map-wall now looks even
spiffier with completed ASEAN flag worksheets!
My door, too!
UmIm, one of my favorite 9th graders, wanted a picture together :)
LOVE this boy. He has a tukay on is finger.
Happy students make me happy. 4th grade.
Love this picture- the tukay is on his shirt, and
everyone else is highly amused haha.
Coloring on the floor. Look at my two happy dusters!
I tell my students that they're friends.
Dad and Cynde- this picture is for you!
The markers and crayons you sent are being put to
awesome use, as you can see! Thanks again!!!
No comments:
Post a Comment